Sweet Union Lactation Services
assisting breastfeeding mothers and babies since 1977
What is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) ?
www.iblce.org - for information about how lactation consultants are certified
Where can I read useful information about breastfeeding online?
1. www.lalecheleague.org - useful information about many breastfeeding topics
2. www.womenshealth.gov - much information shared here
3. www.bestforbabies.org - articles of interest
4. www.breastfeedingonline.com - great videos of latching
5. www.lowmilksupply.org - for moms concerned about low milk supply
6. www.bfar.org - breastfeeding after breast surgery
7. www.askdrsears.com - written by a pediatrician
8. www.womenshealth.org - breastfeeding guide for African American women
9. www.mochamanual.com - breastfeeding website for African American nursing mothers
10. www.toxnet.nlm.nih.gov - information about drugs and breastfeeding
11. www2.aap.org - American Academy of Pediatrics Policy
12. www.infantrisk.com - Dr. Thomas Hale's phone number to call regarding evidence
based information during pregnancy and breastfeeding
13. www.abm.org- Information protocols for physicians with up to date information.
The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, La Leche League
International - 8th Edition- available from www.llli.org or at your local LLL meeting or in bookstores.